FUNDING AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Habitat Protection Fund
Fall 2023 Request for Proposals
Casco Bay Estuary Partnership requests proposals for grant-
2024 Community Grants Program
New Application deadline: Monday, February 19, 2024, 5:00pm
CBEP is accepting applications for the 2024 Casco Bay Community Grants Program.
CBEP encourages new partnerships and innovative projects that engage communities with Casco Bay and its watershed. Successful proposals will incorporate at least one of the elements from the Casco Bay Plan. Proposals are welcome from educators, land trusts and other non-profit organizations, especially in partnership with civic groups, municipal committees, churches, clubs, school groups and neighborhood associations.
Here is a fillable application form if you prefer that format.
If you have trouble downloading documents and would like the package emailed or mailed to you, please contact us.
Examples of past projects:
- Education and outreach regarding pet behavior on Casco Bay islands
- A festival and boat tours showcasing aquaculture conservation and the marine economy
- “Storywalks” and associated curriculum on public trails
- Outdoor family learning stations on land trust properties
- Community education around sea level rise impacts on private roads
- Climate change “picture post” citizen monitoring sites
- School shellfish harvesting and conservation projects
- “Nabbing Nitrogen” volunteer monitoring program
- Public “short course” on coastal habitats
- Horseshoe crab educational event
- A multimedia story collection about Portland’s working waterfront
- A community-based expeditionary learning unit on Casco Bay
- Short videos about climate impacts on the shellfishing industry